Monday, August 3, 2009

don't let the puppy-dog eyes fool you...

aren't these just the cutest darned things? i just wanted to jump into the little creek where this guy was and grab his little face and scrunch it up.

however, he would most likely not have appreciated that, and would have returned my intended gesture of affection with one of his own. one that involved his wolf-like teeth and long, razor-sharp claws. and he probably would have slapped me around a bit with his tail for good measure. oh...and don't forget the rabies.

ok. so, i guess i'm content to watch and admire from a distance. for now.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Yes, they do have some sort of appeal... Odd to see one so well in daylight! I wonder how close you were. I've never been face to face with a raccoon before.

dugfresh said...

it was at a business park called "mendenhall oaks." absolutely beautiful place. it has a "lake," docks, a picnic shelter, walking trails, and a fountain. there is a bridge under which a small creek flows (that sort of feeds the "lake," i guess). the bridge is actually just a street; you'd never know the creek was there unless you stopped and walked around. like i like to do. i intended to hit the walking trails and lake to maybe catch some ducks, woodpeckers, and herons. but i got sidetracked by the attractive rock wall of the bridge and decided to see what was on the other side. and there he was. the cute little rascal, walking around in the water, oblivious to me. he only looked at me because i made a clicking noise with my mouth. so at the very closest, i was about 15 feet away from him. and he didn't seem to care that i was there. he just went about his business. it might have been a different story, though, if i was at ground (or water) level with him.

boy i have this blog thing backwards, don't i? my comment was longer than my original post...

Mary said...

lol!

Post a Comment

let me know what you think. unlike most people, i care.